Having celebrated our centenary in 2010, when many former students returned to the school, we have been keen to establish contact with as many former students as possible, particularly taking advantage of the new technologies.
Whilst students are at the school we place particular emphasis on providing support to them in whatever they are facing and we recognise that when the individual leaves the school it can sometimes be very difficult to adjust to all the new challenges that arise. We are therefore particularly keen to develop the alumni network so that
- as people start university they can link up with other former pupils in the area;
- where people are starting new jobs they can contact others in the same sphere to share experiences;
- where an individual is looking for a job they can seek information, tips and names of people to speak to;
- where people move away from Westcliff-on-Sea to somewhere in the UK or abroad they can find a friendly face
- one can be inspired by another’s news and therefore aspire
- and as place to renew or maintain friendships.
Please do contact us:
Mrs Davies, Careers Coordinator, is our contact for Alumni and she would be very pleased to hear from you. Please email her on email@example.com
We continue to celebrate our foundation by maintaining links with the Bernardine Order. There will be a Mass at 11.30 at St Bernard’s on Saturday 7th October, to celebrate the life and work of Sr Mary Stephen, our former pupil and headteacher. This Mass will be celebrated by the Rt Rev Thomas MacMahon, retired Bishop of Brentwood Diocese, with Fr Joseph Whisstock concelebrating. Refreshments will be available after Mass. Please contact Mrs Allen, Deputy Headteacher, if you plan to attend. The sisters regularly come back to visit the school on these occasions, and many former students return to celebrate Mass in the chapel, and share tea and cake with them.