Having celebrated its centenary in 2010 where many former students returned to the school we have been keen to establish contact with as many former students as possible, particularly taking advantage of the new technologies.
Whilst students are at the school we place particular emphasis on providing support to them in whatever they are facing and we recognise that when the individual leaves the school it can sometimes be very difficult to adjust to all the new challenges that arise. We are therefore particularly keen to develop the alumni network so that
- as people start university they can link up with other former pupils in the area;
- where people are starting new jobs they can contact others in the same sphere to share experiences;
- where an individual is looking for a job they can seek information, tips and names of people to speak to;
- where people move away from Westcliff-on-Sea to somewhere in the UK or abroad they can find a friendly face
- one can be inspired by another’s news and therefore aspire
- and as place to renew or maintain friendships.
Please do contact us:
Mrs Davies, Careers Coordinator, is our contact for Alumni and she would be very pleased to hear from you. Please email her on firstname.lastname@example.org
We continue to celebrate our foundation by maintaining links with the Bernardine Order. The new prefects visited the sisters at Brownhills in June 2014 for a time of reflection and planning for the leadership conference. The liturgy prefects visited the monastery in Lille in January 2014 and we look to make this an annual visit and each of the house captains look to communicate with the monastery after which their house is named.
The sisters regularly come back to school and many students return and share tea and cake and the sister celebrate mass in the chapel.
We are always delighted to hear from former students and we are thrilled that we have been able to include a number of testimonies from former students on the home page